Wordless Wednesdays {I created a Pinterest monster!}

Conner, (my 2.5 year old) has decided on his birthday party theme.  I know most of you are probably thinking “when is his birthday?”  And you are going to most likely think I am silly for starting to plan so early because his birthday is July 1st!  BUT, if you know me personally you know that I love to plan things way ahead of time.  So 4 months out is about normal for me to start rounding up ideas for a party and working on crafts.  This year is the first year that I had a helper.

I was surprised at how much he wanted to be involved.  I mentioned it and for a week now he has reminded me that we need to start making things for his party.  So today I introduced my toddler to Pinterest.  Amazingly it kept his undivided attention for over 40 minutes.  Yes for 40 minutes this little boy pointed at all the cool pictures he liked and wanted at his party.  As he showed me what he liked, he was getting more and more excited.

It was funny to see the excitement beam out of him because that is how many of us Pinterest addicts feel when we spend brain numbing hours looking at all the things we “hope” to do/make.  I think I have created a Pinterest monster; I literally had to distract him with the subject of lunch to get his mind off of looking at party ideas.  Needless to say, the expectation has now been set pretty high for his 3rd Birthday!

Checkout the Pins he liked here.  Many of these ideas will been incorporated one way or another in his party that is months in the making!  How many of you like to go over the top with parties?  Here’s the details from his first birthday party, so you can see how crazy I get with my party planning.

Does your child already like Pinterest?

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to Wordless Wednesdays {I created a Pinterest monster!}

1. That is awesome that he helped with ideas for the party! That is awesome he loved picking things out.

2. Liz Mays says:

What a fabulous idea to let him give input that way. It’s addictive for any age, it appears!

3. That is wicked cute. My kids don’t get a say in what I do for their parties LOL. They pick the theme and I do all the rest :)

4. brett says:

ha. my girls birthdays are july 17 and august 7 and i’m already planning their (joint) party for early august. and of course pinterest. because why not?

5. Kita says:

Awwww my sons wants a pinterest account on his own. I may let him get one and he is only 7 he loves to look at stuff and put them aside to look at especially technology stuff.

6. Christie says:

Love this! My son gets into the pics too. I sometimes have him help me decide if it’s pinterest worthy!

7. Jessica says:

I did the same exact thing with my daughter! When we were planning her 5th birthday party last month I had her browse Pinterest with me for Frozen party ideas. Now she is addicted! I have caught her browsing through Pinterest on my iPad so many times since.

8. Stephanie says:

Pinterest can be a wonderful tool but each of us have fell into a phase of complete obsession with the site.

9. heather says:

my daughter is an artist and is TOTALLY addicted to pinterest! There are days when I can’t get on my computer ;)

10. Amanda says:

That’s seriously too cute! I love that he is able to look through and help out with his party planning!

11. Tracey says:

Great idea to get his input for the party! Pinterest is so addictive!

12. That’s a great way to get him involved… now you really have to deliver. This is where Pinterest becomes a time suck and a let down!

13. aimee fauci says:

I can already tell THAT is going to be an awesome party and I also plan my kid’s birthdays month in advance. My husband makes fun of me but that is how I can afford it and it allows me time to find good deals.

14. Ricci says:

That’s pretty funny!! It’s also awesome that he legit loves Pinterest and wants to help plan his party :)

• thehouseholdhero@gmail.com says:

He even points to the computer and asks me to see Jake party stuff on a regular basis.

15. Krystal says:

This is adorable. My son is already obsessed with games on the iPad Mini… we are in trouble!

16. Theresa says:

I love that you got him involved in the party planning. What a great way to build up the excitement even more!

• thehouseholdhero@gmail.com says:

Yes, he is definitely excited and tells everyone about his party and things he will have at it! SO CUTE

17. Karen says:

That’s so cute that he’s into Pinterest! My daughter is obsessed with my Iphone and Laptop. Haven’t shown her Pinterest yet but she has ton of games.

18. Hanan says:

I love Pinterest. I use it probably way too much. We do the same thing though! We’ll look things up like cake ideas, and scroll through to look at all the ones we like.

19. Kristen says:

I am in need of indoor activities for my 2.5 year old these days. I will have to pull this one out!

20. Triplezmom says:

I love Pinterest too much. It relaxes me. I think about introducing my kids to it, but I’m afraid they’d become addicts too!

21. Zoe B says:

wow that’s really interesting that kids love pinterest so much! I guess it’s all the pretty pictures!

22. Melissa says:

Too cute! My 6 year old tells me what to look up on Pinterest too!

23. Toni says:

That is a great idea!!!! I need to have my kids do this. I think I will create boards for them!!!

24. My 7 year old daughter could spend hours on Pinterest if I let her. She loves to look at the recipes and crafts (and then she expects me to do all 70000 with her). :)

• thehouseholdhero@gmail.com says:

That is the problem with Pinterest. So many great ideas and little time or not enough supplies to do them!

25. Amy Desrosiers says:

I feel the same way about my kids and you tube!! They want watch certain clips all the time!

26. Debi says:

That is hysterical. My daughter wanted to do a craft one day so I let her check out pinterest and she has been addicted ever since.

27. That is awesome. My daughter is 11 and she finds all of her “I am bored what can I do” ideas on Pinterest.

28. Jenni E. says:

That’s so sweet!! I can’t let my little guy look at Pinterest with me. He wants everything food related, right then. LOL! It’s pretty cool though that he helped you plan his own party!

29. My niece LOVES Pinterest. She flips through it on my phone all the time to look at all the pretty things :)

30. he has a good eye. he’s gonna have a great party for sure

31. Debbie L says:

Pinterest is addicting for all ages. It is full of amazing things!

32. Ashley M says:

My daughter is like that too! She loves to sit on my lap as we surf pinterest finding fun things to try.

33. Shell says:

So great that he wants to help out! You are way ahead of me in planning. I have two who have birthdays in May and we haven’t started planning yet.

34. Eliz Frank says:

I haven’t stopped laughing…. What did you expect form all your pinning… ? ROTFLOL!

35. Katherine G says:

That is so cute. I won’t be surprise if he hasn’t made a mental checklist of what he has chosen. I’m sure your baby boy is going to have an awesome party.

• thehouseholdhero@gmail.com says:

Oh he has! He tells people about certain things he is having. So I got to make sure I get them all done!!!

36. Tatanisha W says:

Oh no! You have created a monster LOL but how CUTE is that— and he is involved in the planning– I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with the for the party. Pinterest is soo addictive.

37. Mariana says:

How cute! I also let my 9yo sit with me and pin things for her birthday party, then create a Pinterest gift wish list. So fun! It’s cool how it inspires them and keeps them focused.

38. Pinterest was essential to planning my daughters last birthday party! She loved looking at it, too.

39. Ave says:

It’s so cute that he helps you to organize his party! I haven’t showed Pinterest to my daughter yet, but I think she would love it too.

40. Kenda Smith says:

My 4 year old already begs to watch YouTube with me. I think he would love this too.